Religion of The Bible

I have had a belly full of "The Bible." At the very second I write this I am looking out the window of the church office as a homeless man pushes his two shopping carts out of the church yard and down the alley to the street to get on with the rest of the day after leaving after having attended the service and the coffee hour (you know he's here 'cause he knows when the food is being served)as he has each week now since I have been here (about three years).

I have heard all the reasons why....why what? I am not even sure. It's just that each time his name comes up someone makes some statement about how he did this or that or that he acts this way or that way or how someone had to put him out of the building one time or how a clergy-person told him not to do the other, but on the other hand a past senior warden doesn't even show up now because he's pissed about this or that and that that is OK because he is working something or another out, or someone else is not here or hates this or that because but it's OK because she is working this or that out.

I have often thought out my plan for the street if am left alone at the last; God willing, I will go first, and chances are that I shall. But I would find the churches serving meals to themselves on whatever days and plan to be there. God takes care of the birds of the air and even the dogs get the crumbs from their master's table.

If it is cold or hot outside or raining, I would attend every bible-study in town. I would go to every service I could on a day that it is freezing outside, or raining or it were so bloody hot that they advice you to get inside.

I would beg too, on the street corner or at a church for just enough money to join the "Y" or a gym so that I could at least shower each day.... but all this is off the point. Why can we not see, no, give worth-ship to the least, the littliest, those that the world considers lost? Why can we not have a series on "How to be Poor," for when Mammon finally loses, we need to know. ... more later...

0 comments:

Subjects

Archives